LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Whats wrong with my car???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats wrong with my car???

Hey guys, my car for the last 6 months has been running like ****. It all started when I put a Edge 3200 stall converter in it and then I took it to get tuned. The guy was just tuning it to make my the shifts harder and the rest of the tune was already done at a previous time, AIR/EGR delete etc. Anyway halfway through while the laptop was loading the info to my pcm the laptop crashed and killed my pcm. So I bought a new AC delco pcm and he tuned it with all the same settings as before. I start driving it around and it feels fine then once it started to warm up I would come to a stop and it felt like it wanted to stall, the rpms were bouncing up and down and then it would stall. So i started it back up and it runs great in park and neutral and then as soon as I put it in gear it feels like it loads the car down and then it wants to stall again. I mind you it runs fine at WOT. I cannot figure out for the life of me whats causing the car to do this. I just changed out both front o2 sensors with delphi ones and finished deleting all the Egr and put the block-off plates on and it also has brand new NGK TR6 plugs on it. The car has 60k miles on it and the only other things I havent changed are the stock spark plug wires, opti, and the MAF sensor was just cleaned. I have been thinking about just sending the PCM in to madz28 and get a whole new reflash and see if that fixes it, any suggestions I would really appreciate it!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine just had the same problem and it ended up being the #6 spark plug wire. It was melted and caused the car to run just like yours is. Could very well be the opti too.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

def get some wires MSD are nice and with headers get some sleeves for em also check plugs too make sure one is not cracked or loose
Old 04-02-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sure sounds like an ignition problem to me.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

How about a vacuum leak? I had a vacuum leak at the AIR check valve and it did the same exact thing.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

I put a vacuum gauge on it and it held 18in of vacuum so I dont think its a vacuum leak. i check the plug wires and there all intact, none are burnt or show any signs and its not throwing any codes or anything. Is there anyway to check the opti to see if thats my problem?

Thanks for all the replys