LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

push rod guide plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default push rod guide plates

Can these be used with the stock rocker arms or will it cause a problem. Putting in a comp 503 and upgrading some things but not ready to spend the money on roller rockers just yet.

I would like to use these if they will work ok with the factory rockers but if not I will wait till next year when i put on the rollers.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Stock rockers are self aligning so no need for guideplates. Matter of fact using guideplates especially the popular ones would cause all sorts of nasty binding.

Frankly I would do rockers and springs before the cam if you have to do it in stages. Have seen some guys have problems with stock rockers at those lifts, some guys get away with more some snap studs when the slot bottoms out.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i already have the car partially tore apart and was planning to just to the cam while i am at it. I will be doing new springs locks retainers push rods etc. Just not wanting to spend the money on the roller rockers just yet. I have already done long tubes loudmouth strano springs rear Koni adjustables and numerous other things that have ate up tons of money this spring already.

The goal is to get a AI set up within a year or two just trying to give it a bit better set up for now while I pay down some bills and save up some money for that.