LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 fuel rail inside diameter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 fuel rail inside diameter?

Does anyone know the inside diameter of an LT1 fuel rail?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:40 AM
Launching!

An old post over at cz28.com says 5/8" I.D. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Someone has to have this information.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Launching!

In case anyone cares, I bought a set myself and disassembled them to check. They are in fact 5/8" ID, but actually have sort of a D-shaped cross section with a small flat portion of the inner wall on the floor where the injectors enter. I calculated the cross sectional area through the inside of the rail and found it to be slightly larger than that of a -10 AN hose.

LT1 fuel rail inside diameter?-image-03-.jpg
(sorry for the poor cam-phone quality, but you see what I mean by "D-shaped")

So basically, there's no need to search for aftermarket LT1 fuel rails (they don't exist, not direct fit anyway). All you need to do is scrap the hard feed line, crossover line, and the stock regulator, and weld on some AN nipples and presto....rails that can keep up with ANYTHING you can throw at them. (for example, the aeromotive 5/8" ID rail is advertised to support 3000 hp....no doubt through a parallel rail setup)

I hope this was informative for someone else because I was curious how far the stock rails could be taken, assuming the rest of the fuel system was beefy enough.

Quick Reply: LT1 fuel rail inside diameter?