LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Coated pacesetters?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coated pacesetters?

I am going to purchase some pacesetter longtubes very soon. I was wondering if it would be best to get the coated or non coated. I just drive my car in the summer and i never drive in the rain unless i get caught out in it. Ive heard the coated pacesetters just peel off anyway, is that true? I would like to save some money, the uncoated ones are 100$ cheaper.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

the extra $100 is worth it, they make the engine bay look good and will stay rust free for a while
Old 04-18-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I ordered noncoated Pacesetters right before my clutch went out, had to spend the money on my clutch. Since then I have decided to go for coated, because i finally saw a picture of some rusted *** uncoated headers. WOW, nasty compared to some shiny coated ones.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the coated ones and yes they look great but mine all the coating has come off from the oil pan to the collectors. I would save the money and send them off to have Jet Hot coat them. JH coats both the in and the outside, Psetters only coat the outside. They even warranty the first set but even the second set did the same thing. Other from that I really like there headers, look good, fit good and installed not to bad.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by alconk
I have the coated ones and yes they look great but mine all the coating has come off from the oil pan to the collectors. I would save the money and send them off to have Jet Hot coat them. JH coats both the in and the outside, Psetters only coat the outside. They even warranty the first set but even the second set did the same thing. Other from that I really like there headers, look good, fit good and installed not to bad.
I am pretty sure they coat the inside on pacesetter. I asked questions about the buckshot on the primary flange tube welds previously, and opted to leave it alone because of the inside coating. Not only that, but some feel they foul o2 sensors out when new because of this.

Quick Reply: Coated pacesetters?