LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question 4 Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question 4 Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Ray, I have a 1996 Trans Am WS6 and I have put on LT headers, 28# LS1 injectors, 4.10 gears, and PCM tune. I am wanting to add nitrous and don't want to spend a fortune doing it. I race it weekly at the race track and this is how I would like it to kick in or tell me your opinion. I don't really want it to kick in in 1st and 2nd gear. I would like it to kick in in 3rd and 4th around 3000 rpm and cutting off around 5500 rpm since I shift at 6000. I am wanting a nozzle kit for now and wondering if you can tell me the part #'s for the purge I should use and what rpm switch I should use or tell me what all parts I should use. Please let me know as I am new to Nitro but not new to racing. Looking to shoot 75-100 shot of nitrous.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post this in the nitrous section and if you don't call out one person you will get a whole lot of replies from people who are probably running or have run the exact kind of set up you are looking for. They can give you a lot of different ideas, options and feedback than just one person can.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by demon78
Ray, I have a 1996 Trans Am WS6 and I have put on LT headers, 28# LS1 injectors, 4.10 gears, and PCM tune. I am wanting to add nitrous and don't want to spend a fortune doing it. I race it weekly at the race track and this is how I would like it to kick in or tell me your opinion. I don't really want it to kick in in 1st and 2nd gear. I would like it to kick in in 3rd and 4th around 3000 rpm and cutting off around 5500 rpm since I shift at 6000. I am wanting a nozzle kit for now and wondering if you can tell me the part #'s for the purge I should use and what rpm switch I should use or tell me what all parts I should use. Please let me know as I am new to Nitro but not new to racing. Looking to shoot 75-100 shot of nitrous.
This is what I would do if I were in your shoes.
Brand X Single Nozzle kit (50-100-150hp) $349
Nitrous Outlet Single Channel Window Switch $110 (includes gear lockout)
Nitrous Outlet FPSS $49
NHRA Valve and blow down tube $46.98
NGK TR6 Plugs $18
These 3 items get you a core kit and basic safety features. The following items will improve performance and consistency.
Brand X Purge $65
Brand X Bottle Heater $139
Brand X Nitrous pressure gauge $25

On the tune side...you will like a way of retarding the timing. Do you currently have an ignition box? (MSD, Mallory, Crane, etc)