LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

I'm still trying to work out the bugs after installing the valve train listed in my sig. First, it was running really rich. Found out that two injectors had become stuck open after sitting on my bench for a month. I installed a set of Venom 24# injectors. After changing the oil and burning up the remaining fuel in the manifold and cylinders, it was running ok when I would first start it then, (I'm guessing) when it went into closed loop, it was throwing DTC 0300(Missfire detected). I only drove it about 20 miles today and it seems to be running worse.
I just pulled a couple plugs and now it looks to be running very lean. Here's a pic.

When I got the Venom injectors, I wondered if the blue tip on the manifold side needed to be removed. It doesn't look like the hole is big enough compared to the stock ones. I don't think this is the case though. I know I need to get the PCM tuned, but it should run decent for now shouldn't it?

I need some help here, I've spent way too much money and time on this car to not be enjoying it right now.
96 Formula LT1, M6, SLP fan switch, 160 T-Stat, Free Mods, TA front bumper and WS6 Ram Air hood, Moser axles, B&M Short Shifter, 275/40/17s on Enkeis, Flowmaster Cat-back, CC503, Crane 10308 Springs, Crane 11746 1.6 Roller Rockers, AC delete
Headers coming soon
Old 05-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem solved.
The Venom injectors were starving it for fuel.
It runs great now with stock injectors.

Quick Reply: Help!