LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Speed density--->Mass Air??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed density--->Mass Air??

Other than the CPU, Engine Harness, Opti, Timing Cover, timing set, and the Mass Air Sensor. What would I need to convert my car from speed density to mass air? I need a new opti anyway so I am looking to convert. It just seems that the mass air cars are more driveable when highly modded.

-Thanks
Old 05-08-2008, 11:23 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can tune either for your setup, the tuner will make the difference.

Why do you need a new timing cover, timing set and opti?

Youd need a 94-97 PCM and a partial harness, MAF too.

Tony.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Well, I am getting the car tuned this weekend here in Jax, FL by a local tuner Tony Bishop. The LT1 guys here in jax like him and has a good reputation. I had a miss on #4 and it turned out to be the opti. I had a spare laying around but, it has some corrosion and won't las much longer I imagine. So I was going to go to a vented style because they are cheaper and I know that the timing covers are different 94-97 and so is the timing sets for 94-97. A friend of mine has a 94' with all the components I need and I wouldn't mind swapping over. I was wanting to know exactly what was needed. So, what you mean by the partial harness is that I just need the engine harness,correct??

-Thanks
Old 05-08-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpeedDensityZ
Well, I am getting the car tuned this weekend here in Jax, FL by a local tuner Tony Bishop. The LT1 guys here in jax like him and has a good reputation. I had a miss on #4 and it turned out to be the opti. I had a spare laying around but, it has some corrosion and won't las much longer I imagine. So I was going to go to a vented style because they are cheaper and I know that the timing covers are different 94-97 and so is the timing sets for 94-97. A friend of mine has a 94' with all the components I need and I wouldn't mind swapping over. I was wanting to know exactly what was needed. So, what you mean by the partial harness is that I just need the engine harness,correct??

-Thanks

WOw....Im pretty surprised you were able to get in touch with him. I usually end up getting some of his work b/c people simply cant get in touch with him. Let me know how everything turns out he definitely knows how to tune an LT1.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:55 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

94-97 arent the same.

93-94 is non vented and 95+ is vented, the 96-97 models will have a provision for the crank sensor.

And its not an LT1 specific peice, you basicly run a SBC double roller.

Go vented thats fine, most do. But that should set you back or put you any closer to a MAF'd setup

Tony.