LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Difference is sound between Powersticks and Sweet Thunder?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Difference is sound between Powersticks and Sweet Thunder?

I miss my old GMMG so Im going to run one of those two mufflers straight off my LT's with dumps once this project of mine done until I save up enough to run an X-Pipe and feed it under the axle. Anyways I know the Powersticks flow a tad more but could car less Im just concerned from a sound stand point. What are some of the differences? which one is louder/deeper/more raspy etc. I have heard them both before but its been so long I cant remember I just know they both sound sick.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The way I have my Sweet Thunders ran is true dual style. X-pipe off the headers, two 18" sweet thunder mufflers and then dumps right before the rear axle. The sound is awesome. Nice deep rumble at idle and then they scream at WOT.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup same for powersticks which is what i run....pretty similar in sound but the inside of sweet thunders shunned me away from them
Old 05-11-2008, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Sinister do you have any sound clips? I think I just may get the Powersticks since I can get them from a sponser here but still open to the ST's if they will sound any better.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am waiting on the soundclips until I can fire it up with the new cam. My build should be complete in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully I will be able to post some clips then. Right before I parked it is when I had the new duals built. I remember how good it sounded then, I can only imagine how awesome it is going to sound with some lope...

Quick Reply: Difference is sound between Powersticks and Sweet Thunder?