LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A quick Wire question (loose wire)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A quick Wire question (loose wire)

I have quick question hopefully someone can help. I am in the middle of an opti install. Its not going to bad so far. Got the radiator and fans out, plus the water pump. I am getting hung up on the crank (need a buddy for that one). Anyways, I noticed a ground wire (I think) hanging free, the wire is black. It is on the driver side. On the driver side there is a main wire harness running under the abs module/and intake ducting an runs up be the drivers side headlights. A ground comes out of that and mounts on the core support. That one is fine There should be another group of wires that t’s into the wiring harness under the Intake ducting and close to the abs module. In that group of wires is another wire that comes out of the harness and looks like a ground but I cant find where I goes, the end is broke off. Just making sure it doesnt go to anything.I cant load any pictures sorry.

Thanks cody
Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Can someone please look off of there car please?
Cody
Old 05-22-2008, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Cody. There is a ground terminal on the front of the block drivers side near the valve cover. It has two connectors attached. One connector should have two off-white wires and a black crimped together, and the other connector has a heavy bare copper wire crimped to it. Could be your black was pulled (broke) off the three wire crimp.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IT most likely goes behind the coil bracket on the front of the drivers side head. Also, you did not have to take out the radiator to change the opti.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Nope the wire is not that long, its only like 4-5 inches long. I cant find were it goes. I have looked everywhere. its a ground i think but where does it go.
Cody

Quick Reply: A quick Wire question (loose wire)