LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Overheating? Check this first...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Overheating? Check this first...

OK, it might be obvious to many, but just thought I'd share as this is the THIRD time this has happened to me. I'm in Arizona, where a cool running car is an absolute must, no matter what time of the day you're driving around (especially during this time of the year). While cruising on the freeway at 70MPH I noticed the temp creeping up to the mid-point. Kept my eye on the gauge and made it home OK. Checked under the car, and sure enough, a newspaper page had gotten sucked up underneath and was creating a big blockage. As I mentioned, this is the third time this has happened to me: twice it's been newspapers and once a big plastic wrapper. I guess it's the price we pay with how low our cars are to the ground. Just passing this on because we know the LT1 loves to run cool.

94 Z28 M6
Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was it you before who posted about this happening with in the last week to week and 1/2 ago? I remember the last one was a plastic bag.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

No, that wasn't me; if it's been brought up before recently I apologize for cluttering up the boards with redundant topics.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

This happens to me at least twice a year. Always a plastic bag. It was way worse with my 91 RS. It has Eibach Sportlines so it's pretty much on the ground.

Quick Reply: Overheating? Check this first...