LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fans not runinng

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fans not runinng

ok guys give me any input you can on this. got to work today and noticed my coolant jug was overflowing with coolant. first thing i looked is to see if the fans were coming on.then i swapped out relays with no luck.i had a jumper wire installed under the relays to run the low fans before all this. also is there any bad aftereffects of running the fans on high all the time ...after i do get this problem figured out? i usually run my lows all the time, just for the tranny cooler and intercooler.but anyways back to the problem. any ideas that i can do to atleast make it home and not damage my motor any more than it possibly already is? its been in the 90's everyday here and there isnt no way i can make it in 30mins of traffic without the fams going.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may have burnt out the motors in the fans by running them constantly. Hook a battery up to the fan motors directly, and check if they work. Motors may need replacement, as the fans are not meant for constant usage.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i had found the culprit...bad connection where i had a butt connector...hmmm i have been running my fans on low speed for every sec the motor has been running for 4 years now with no problems....now on high speed might be a different story lol