LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission problems

Hey guys im kind of new here im a long time lurker. I just bought a 95 z28 camaro yesterday and the transmission seems to be acting up. In first and second gear it stutters/chatters and its really hard to get it into reverse. When putting it in reverse it seems like it goes in but it pops out and you gotta sort of force it in. Is my transmission on its way out or do you guys have any other suggestions on the issue.

Also will the skip shift delete guide on install university be exactly what i have to do for my lt1 since it only mentions ls1 cars?

thanks all
Old 06-02-2008, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts

Skip Shift is the same for both.

Sounds like the Synchros are goin out, or one of the Forks is bent.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mysticdemon
Hey guys im kind of new here im a long time lurker. I just bought a 95 z28 camaro yesterday and the transmission seems to be acting up. In first and second gear it stutters/chatters and its really hard to get it into reverse. When putting it in reverse it seems like it goes in but it pops out and you gotta sort of force it in. Is my transmission on its way out or do you guys have any other suggestions on the issue.

Also will the skip shift delete guide on install university be exactly what i have to do for my lt1 since it only mentions ls1 cars?

thanks all

Same thing was happening to my 95 recently and it was the clutch. The clutch was missing pads on the flywheel side and it was dragging on the flywheel causing problems getting it into gear. Reverse was a real biotch, so my advise, get under there and pull the tranny out and see how your clutch looks. Really not as hard as it sounds. Let me know if you need any advise.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks guys i'll be sure to look into both of those suggestions.

Quick Reply: transmission problems