LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 swap possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 swap possible?

So i haven't been around in awhile and that would be for the simple reason that i had a run in with the police.....then a run away from the police....then they showed back up at my house. lol...so my license disappeared for 6 months, which brings me to my post. I have to sell my car, for a couple reasons, but anyways i'm going after a 70-81 corvette for my next project...corvette boo hiss hiss i know. BUT....my question is how plausible would a 90's LT1 swap in be? Would a "painless" wiring harness let me keep EFI or would it be easier just to swap in a carbuerator? Good idea....bad idea? Any input would be appreciated
Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything that can take a SBC can take an LT1. So as long as you have a ECM/PCM then you're good to go.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kaoz
So i haven't been around in awhile and that would be for the simple reason that i had a run in with the police.....then a run away from the police....then they showed back up at my house. lol...so my license disappeared for 6 months, which brings me to my post. I have to sell my car, for a couple reasons, but anyways i'm going after a 70-81 corvette for my next project...corvette boo hiss hiss i know. BUT....my question is how plausible would a 90's LT1 swap in be? Would a "painless" wiring harness let me keep EFI or would it be easier just to swap in a carbuerator? Good idea....bad idea? Any input would be appreciated
Thanks
I have transplanted LT1s in 2 88 trucks, 2 datsun Z's the pasenger side mount is the only problem you will encounter.

Thats because the way the accessories are on that side. In datsun I relocate alternator in others notch the frame.

DO NOT buy a painless harness alot of money and stock is easy to use
Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can make an lt1 fit into anything. Speartech.com for your harness needs.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Banned

if you can't wire in 3 switched power, 2 power and 4 grounds then yes buy a harness. For others use the stock harness. GM has a great harness
Old 06-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BattleShip
if you can't wire in 3 switched power, 2 power and 4 grounds then yes buy a harness. For others use the stock harness. GM has a great harness

what he said and check out , you can search around on that site its a life savor for lt1 whiring , its pretty easy makes you wounder why it too so long to go with EFI ,i have a 87 rx7 with a lt1/t56

http://shbox.com/1/harness_connector_faces.htm

Quick Reply: LT1 swap possible?