LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

red top injectors and LT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default red top injectors and LT1

i cant quite seem to get them to fit. what did you guys do? there are little clips holding in the stock injector and wont fit the red tops. have you guys just been leaving them out or what?
Old 06-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElkySS
i cant quite seem to get them to fit. what did you guys do? there are little clips holding in the stock injector and wont fit the red tops. have you guys just been leaving them out or what?
They fit the rail without any modification. The clips will clip on Ford Redtops with no problem

Remember you MUST change your tune from old injector size to the new size!
Old 06-07-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to cut a line around the one groove that only was partially around the injector to get my Light-Blue Tops to fit, and also added in an extra O-Ring on the bottom otherwise it had a bunch of play :\ On the flip side, I didn't have a Ford O-ring kit, and from looking at other Ford injectors they seem to have a almost O-Ring thick hard plastic piece that goes on first.

And as Battle said, get a tune! 31.5# isn't that much bigger, but more than enough that prolonged use can cause ring wash. If by chance you have an AFPR you can knock the PSI way down to get back close to 24#.

Also note that Ford runs 39psi and we run 43psi. So tell your tuner, if you don't do it, that you have Ford injectors. Otherwise it's about 31.5# on GM psi. There's a bunch of calculators if you google it, and I think it might actually be closer to 31.8, but either way won't matter too much.

Quick Reply: red top injectors and LT1