LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Help With Pushrods!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help With Pushrods!!!

I have the AFR 210cc cylinder heads.... specs here
--->http://www.flatlanderracing.com/afr-sbc210lt4.html along with the GM LS7 lifters......... and 1.6 ratio full roller rocker arms.... Can someone please help me figure out what length pushrod I need so I can finish my build! Thank you for any suggestions - Jason
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe stock length still. The lifters are a direct swap in and the rockers ratio change is at the other side of the fulcrum where it meets the valve stem.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

bring #1 cyl to TDC, remove RR and mark top of valve stem with a marker, put RR back on and lash that valve, turn motor over 2 revolutions, remove RR.

If witness mark is "dead" center on valve stem tip you are cool. If mark is closer to exhaust manifold a shorter PR is needed, mark closer to intake a longer PR is needed.

A $12 PR check tool is handy to check for "actual" length.

every motor with aftermarket cam, heads, head gasket thickness, RR, valve springs willl measure differently so you can't say "XX" fits your set up without measureing.

If the stock PR is not exactly right....it should be "close"....your call on weather "close" is good enough.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ******
bring #1 cyl to TDC, remove RR and mark top of valve stem with a marker, put RR back on and lash that valve, turn motor over 2 revolutions, remove RR.

If witness mark is "dead" center on valve stem tip you are cool. If mark is closer to exhaust manifold a shorter PR is needed, mark closer to intake a longer PR is needed.

every motor with aftermarket cam, heads, head gasket thickness, RR, valve springs willl measure differently so you can't say "XX" fits your set up without measureing.

If the stock PR is not exactly right....it should be "close"....your call on weather "close" is good enough.
Agreed run through the above mentioned. If the pattern is off too much, then get the checker, measure and then order some new pushrods.

I got the checker while doing my build, and some 8inch digital calipers from harbor freight to measure. I then hit up manton for the pushrods. (they look like the holy grail of pushrods.)
Old 06-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by ******

Agreed. Roller sweep also has to be taken into consideration (the amount of contact surface the roller bearing takes up on the valve tip during a full revolution of the cam).

drumbo87-
Do what ****** said and post the pics up here. You can use a Sharpie to mark the valve tip. Hopefully you know how to adjust rockers?

Quick Reply: Need Help With Pushrods!!!