LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Forged 355 for Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forged 355 for Nitrous

So right now I am looking for a block and will be filling the block full of forged goodies to handle up to a 300 shot.

I was looking at the Callies Compstart crank and rods and haven't decided on a piston. The kit from AI has Mahle pistons but I don't know how much nitrous they will take

What do you guys recommend for a bottom end that can handle up to 7000RPM's and a 300 shot?
Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

i went with a dragon slayer, 6 inch compstar rods, custom diamond nitrous pistons, hell fire rings. motor is on the dyno right now. mahle doens't make a nitrous piston (last i checked) . call phill and ron and they can probally change out the pistons to meet your needs.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should just buy my used one. Fill it if you like, gap the rings how you like and save $5k.

On a serious note, just call them and tell them what you want to do. Those "kits" are just general. They can build you anything and spec anything. They have a partnership with a top notch builder that could send you a short or long block and everything in between.

They are building my crate motor now.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:33 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Compstar/Callies are awsome rods & cranks.

Hit up Ross, Weisco or diamond for your pistons. Your piston crown, ring gap and material will decide how much you can safley spray.

Tony.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Compstar/Callies are awsome rods & cranks.

Hit up Ross, Weisco or diamond for your pistons. Your piston crown, ring gap and material will decide how much you can safley spray.

Tony.
X2, I have heard that the more that avarage gap is needed for more than avarage juice, so 125 shot or more to be safe, but it will burn more oil than a properly gapped ring so... I have heard Ross and Weisco are very good pistons, the only thing I have ever heard people complain is they do not always have the money when they needed to for those pistons, all else is good.

Quick Reply: Forged 355 for Nitrous