LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question about ignition switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about ignition switch

what have you guys found out to be the easiest way to replace the ignition switch.. i have a 95 TA w/LT1 , A4.... I've dropped steering column and wonderin what the easiest way might be to go about the rest of the replacement.. thanks for any info....
Old 06-18-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

you just have to get in there and do it you will be in some weird angles. Be careful with the back screw it tiny and easy to loose (Dont Ask) getting it back in is even more fun Once you have it back in dont put everything back yet 1st make sure it starts then shift the gears then make sure the car shuts off easy and the key goes to the off position without getting hung up also some people forget to take the 3 screws that are on the firewall were it goes thru. if you have a specific ? let me know ive done it a few times
Old 06-19-2008, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by djjab57
you just have to get in there and do it you will be in some weird angles. Be careful with the back screw it tiny and easy to loose (Dont Ask) getting it back in is even more fun Once you have it back in dont put everything back yet 1st make sure it starts then shift the gears then make sure the car shuts off easy and the key goes to the off position without getting hung up also some people forget to take the 3 screws that are on the firewall were it goes thru. if you have a specific ? let me know ive done it a few times
will do... thanks for the reply...