LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Clutch recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch recomendations

I need to get a new clutch for my 94 Z28 and would like some recommendations. My car is basically stock with a Cold air induction, 52mm throttle body, Borla cat back exhaust and Hypertech reprogrammed PC.

Thanks

Roger
Old 06-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get your flywheel turned and put a premium stock replacement in the car unless you plan on running more horsepower. It's a good idea to have a plan for what you want to do with the vehicle. If you plan on running horsepower you might as well upgrade it now. In all honestly you're not going to push a stock replacement unless you're running Nitrous or some sort of power adder. With bolt ons and street tires you should be safe.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

agreed ^^^^

The Autozone replacement clutch for $200ish should do just fine. I ran one with a heads/cam set up for years. I did note that when I returned it for warrenty when I did my 383 the 'replacement" was a Valeo "clone" made in China with "raybestis" disc and a 4 spring hub. Good thing about Autozone is you can return anything under their 'lifetime" warrenty. I sold the "new" replacement for $100

My original Autozone was a "Valeo" (OEM brand) just packaged under Duralast. Open the box and check, a Valeo brand name should be marked on disc & PP.

as stated above any preimum replacement clutch by RAM, SPEC, etc will be fine but they will cost more than the Autozone one

get the flywheel resurfaced and replace the pilot bearing or bushing with the one that comes with the kit. You can get a pilot bearing puller from Harbor Freight for around $12.

Quick Reply: Clutch recomendations