LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what are the differences in the engine harnesses.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what are the differences in the engine harnesses.

k. car is a 93 z28. went to go and get a pcm for the vehicle( pretty sure it took a crap).- so i gave the parts guy the number on the pcm, and they said it was the 94-95 style pcm. ( that i had in my vehicle. - hence the car is a 93)

little history:

so the car ran great,- then it sat for like 6 months, started up - now it just fouls the plugs like in 2 mins.

i had no clue it was a 94-95 style pcm when i first built the car. -- how do i know if someone swaped the entire harness from a newer vehicle, or maybe they just swaped the PCM alone. ?

anyone know the difference in the harness- ?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does the harness have the MAF sensor wires,is there a maf being used on the car?
does the ECU/PCM have a removable chip/prom in it?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Why do you think that the PCM took a crap? Could be anything. Those things rarely ever go bad...
Old 06-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
does the harness have the MAF sensor wires,is there a maf being used on the car?
does the ECU/PCM have a removable chip/prom in it?
yes the car has a maf and it is being used. --- no the ecm does not have a removable chip. -- -and when the parts guy ran the number/ he said that the pcm is from a 94-95 camaro z28.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1badzee
Why do you think that the PCM took a crap? Could be anything. Those things rarely ever go bad...

well when i was driving the vehicle every day, i was able to hook up the Tech2 and pull codes out , and look at live data./ -- so now - i cant do any of that-- the scan tool says NO COMMUNICATION. so i already ohmed all the wires from the pcm to the DLC. -- and there is no open or short. -- and also the car runs so rich , that it fouls the plugs. and misfires like crazy. -- thats where im at.

By the way.. does anyone have a pic of a 93 pcm> ? by anychance. ?
Old 06-25-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pastvertical
yes the car has a maf and it is being used. --- no the ecm does not have a removable chip. -- -and when the parts guy ran the number/ he said that the pcm is from a 94-95 camaro z28.
so you are dealing with is a SD car that was converted to maf..harness,pcm and inst.cluster.
i seriously doubt the pcm is bad...
6 months of sitting i would say the gas has lost its octane and has become stale. spray some fuel into the throttle body and see if it fires right up,fresh fuel and a new filter might be all you need.