LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Never heard of this. PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Never heard of this. PLEASE HELP

I have a built 355 with a LT4 package. Its using coolant, it doesn't run hot nor does it leak, but its low all the time. Did all the normal checks for a leak and can't find anything. Afreind tells me I have a leaky head gasket. If you let the car idle for a lil it will stumble when you floor it. Hes telln me the water is getting on the plugs. That doesn't make sence to me, anytime i've seen a blown head gasket the car runs hot. Anyone heard of this?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like my situation.. No the car will not necessarily over-heat with blown headgaskets. Given a long period of time, it will. You probably don't run it long enough to let it over-heat, per se. I would lose coolant and would have to add some every morning. No sign of it anywhere. Oil was pretty clean, coolant was fine, no smoke out the back, and would not overheat (but tahts because i would re-fill the radiator every morning). So i remove my heads, and the headgaskets were fine, but it turns out the person who assembled my motor didn't use a sealant on the head bolts, causing water to seep through from the water jackets in the block. So yes it is possible you have a blown headgasket, warped head(s), or motor wasn't assembled using a type of bolt sealer. I hope this helped, good luck.