LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

got the y-pipe welded...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got the y-pipe welded...

I had a muffler shop weld the y-pipe from my pacesetter LT's and ORY today...just picked the car up and the y-pipe is vibrating pretty bad against the bottom of the car. Also they said the fuel lines are close to the y-pipe on left side?

Any tips on how to get rid of the annoying vibrating...and whats the deal with the fuel lines? Is that normal/nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-27-2008, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get under there and look at it then do what you need to do to make it have enough clearance. It is probably vibrating against the bolt that holds the fuel/brake line hanger bracket underneath.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Launching!

thats what I figured...guess its time for the BFH...the best tool ever. The way the guy at the exhaust shop was talking about the fuel lines had me worried about driving the car. Guess I'll take a look at it tonight/tomorrow! Then its going to the mechanic to get the cam, RR's, etc. installed.

All in all Im pretty happy with the pacesetter longtubes...notsomuch with the pacesetter y-pipe.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both common problems. the y-pipe is hitting the crossmember that is right underneath the drivers seat. what i did was take a rubber hose(like a waterpump hose), sliced it down the middle so it would sit flat and clamped it between the y-pipe and the cross member. that took care of any vibrations.

with the fuel lines you can get some exhaust heat wrap and wrap it around the exhaust pipe. or what i did was take another piece of rubber hose and clamped it between the exhaust and fuel lines to keep most of the heat away from it. its up to you what you want to do.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Launching!

thanks for the info.