LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally Made a Decision!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally Made a Decision!

I have been saving money, buying parts here and there trying to decide how to finish my 95 TA for about 3 years now. I started a lot of modifications to the car and haven't finished them because I had no idea how/when I was going to finish the car, but ever since buying a Project 69 Camaro my sights have been set clear to finish my TA a cheaply as possible (but still adequate).

My 95 TA is now mostly set in stone and should be done around Christmas time.
I just bought...
-LPP headers and OYR
-Magnaflow cat back 3" stainless exhaust
-Fays2 Watts link
-Wilwood rear brake kit to go along with my previous 13" Wilwood front kit (the 15" kit is coming off to go on the Camaro )

And the Car will be getting a 385 ci LT4 built by SDPC with 485 FWHP at 6300rpm.
The only thing left to buy is either a Performabuilt level II 4L60E or T56 swap.

I guess my main reason for writing this is to let you know the LTx community didn't lose another person to the Dark Side LSx (but my 69 Camaro will definitely have a LS engine )

Does anyone have any cheap ideas to boost the HP of the engine, would a cam change give me a bunch more HP? It currently has the GM LT4 Hot Cam and Lingenfelter Ported Heads/intake.