LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone ever ran a cam only CC306 with auto??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever ran a cam only CC306 with auto??

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a cam only car with a CC306 and an automatic.. I have a 3800 converter but kind of curious of how it did. Just wanna get some info on it.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you cant just run a cam and be done with mods...especially this one...you need to do your heads completely up and would be recommended you get bigger injectors and port your intake to at least 52mm for more air flow...you can run your stock bottom end too but wouldnt be advisable because this cam makes power all the way to 5600 rpms....your stock bottom end isnt going to hold up to that too many times down the track!!
Old 09-23-2008, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jarretthise
you cant just run a cam and be done with mods...especially this one...you need to do your heads completely up and would be recommended you get bigger injectors and port your intake to at least 52mm for more air flow...you can run your stock bottom end too but wouldnt be advisable because this cam makes power all the way to 6500 rpms....your stock bottom end isnt going to hold up to that too many times down the track!!
fixed. and this guy has a good point, unless you are trying to make a dyno queen there is no reason to run a cam like that on an otherwise stock*ish car.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Many people have ran that cam-only in Autos, just need the right stall size and a good tune to make it not drive like ****. You have a nice stall size for that cam, would be beneficial to have better than stock gears as well.

You dont need to port the heads or manifold to run that cam but doing so helps bring the most potential out of it however the stock block may not care for that too much.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:27 PM

Like he said, it can definitely be done, but like any mod, it'll take a bunch more mods to get the absolute most out of it.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
fixed. and this guy has a good point, unless you are trying to make a dyno queen there is no reason to run a cam like that on an otherwise stock*ish car.
ha thanks man....i knew that...idk for some reason i flipped the numbers...huh oh well you got my back...lol...thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

haha its all good man, i get a little dislexic from time to time as well.
especially towards the end of my work day

Quick Reply: Anyone ever ran a cam only CC306 with auto??