LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Firt LT1 build (383/H?/C?/Blower)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Firt LT1 build (383/H?/C?/Blower)

Hi guys, posting up in here for the first time looking for a little direction on a project I'm about to undertake. I'm no stranger to LSX stuff, buit this will be my first LT1 build.

Basically, I'll be starting with a pre-assembled shortblock from a reputable local machine shop. 383, Cola crank, Eagle rods, 20cc (I think) dished JE pistons. I have a set of low mile heads, intake, blah blah, and a Vortec V2 supercharger (2.75" pulley).

Question I'm running into, is I know what parts make decent power N/A on these motors, but when it comes to FI, I'd at least like some insight before I start throwing parts at it.

1.) Blower cam? Yay? Nay? I know there's one for sale on here CHEAP, that's fairly good sized (Comp XFI292 cam, ground on a 114 lsa). Also,

2.) Head porting? Absolutely neccesary?

Any other reccomendations of parts I should ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY use on this build for reliability/decent power?

Thanks fellas!

-Ian
Old 09-26-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

what compression are you going to run. With that blower i would def keep it under 10:1
Go with the blower cam for sure, it should work well with the v2. Head porting isnt absolutely necessary, but the motor is going to be wanting more air. You wont see the full potential of the cam, the blower, or the 33 more cubes if you dont atleast do some porting

Quick Reply: Firt LT1 build (383/H?/C?/Blower)