Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Must i use an Adj. MC with Street Twin?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must i use an Adj. MC with Street Twin?

I recently found out that my Spec Stage 3 broke. The springs fell out of the disk. I originally thought it was the hydrolics that was to blame so i bought a complete GM pre-bled unit. (expensive) Now i have a street twin and i read on mcleods website that you must use their adjustable master cylinder. Is this true? Does anyone run a stock MC? I have access to my grandfathers machine shop so i was thinking maybe i could make the pushrod on the Slave adjustable or change the thinkness of the spacer that the slave bolts to. Has anyone ever done this? The rod would need to be longer to compensate for the thicker clutch, am i thinking right? Any input would be appriciated.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Anyone?
Old 10-21-2008, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

cant believe knowone has any input on this subject.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most aftermarket clutches are beefier with their designs therefore it is recommended to get an adjustable master that can essentially push more fluid through to be able to fully disengage the clutch. I'd take a serious look at Tick Performance's Adjustable Master as an option.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Will it work with LT1 style clutches? I was under the impression they were only for LS1 style clutches. How much are they?
Old 10-22-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You do need the bigger master with the twin disk, it's not the adjustable part you really need, it's the bigger bore that pushes more fluid. I tried the stocker and it wouldn't work. I have a Tick for an LT1 sitting here right now, but probably won't be putting it in for about a month.