Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

transmission took a crap???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission took a crap???

i went to the track this weekend and ran my car knowing that my master cylinder was effed up. the clutch pedal does not stiffin up until it gets about halfway to the floor and all the gears are hard to engage, especially reverse and third. when i was going down the track i went to shift into third.... it went into gear, then went past the gear, but was grinding. i think that i may have busted a shift fork or something. any suggestions??? i was hoping that if i were to buy a master rebiuld kit, it would solve this problem. but im not sure as to what it even is. before hand the third gear syncro was starting to take a crap anyway. does this mean that my tranny is done for or can it be saved???
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned

Its hard to say if damage has been done inside the unit but I would get the clutch / hydraulic issue resolved first . It could fix it without having to get the unit freshend up .
Old 10-21-2008, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

yeah i am definately gonna get a master for it. i hope that it will solve the clutch pedal issue but i dont think that it would cause that to happen to the tranny. it still goes into third and everything, i just cant throw third cause it misses every time.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

im so sick of fixing this thing. now it doesnt like to idle. it wants to go down to about 2 or 300 rpms before slowly coming to normal every time i gas it.