Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Wierd clutch problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wierd clutch problem...

i have an 02 ss and if i put my clutch in and rev my car high then release the clutch the clutch starts to feel like it slips and i have to hit it a few times to like pump it back where it usually is
Old 06-27-2009, 10:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mastercoryd
i have an 02 ss and if i put my clutch in and rev my car high then release the clutch the clutch starts to feel like it slips and i have to hit it a few times to like pump it back where it usually is

Probaly junk stock hydraulics still on your car? If so, you have a MC or slave going south (or both) How many miles on teh stuff? Clutch?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Launching!

car has 99k as far as i know it can be the original, does this sound like its just an old clutch or somethings not engaging right? its wierd cause it doesnt slip just does that problem
Old 06-27-2009, 09:52 PM
FormerVendor

car has 99k as far as i know it can be the original, does this sound like its just an old clutch or somethings not engaging right? its wierd cause it doesnt slip just does that problem

Well, that many miles, you are probaly looking at everything on it's way out. What you CAN do if short on funds is this:

1)Change out hydraulic fluid, then bleed system REAL good

Problem still there:

2)Getcha a new MC (again, if short on funds, grab an auto parts store one, if not, grab an adjustable one from Tick, a sponsor on teh site) and bleed system REAL good

Problem still there:
and depending on how short on funds you are, either A)Grab a new slave, pull tranny, and replace slave (and of course check condition of clutch while you have tranny out) put back together, and bleed system REAL good
or B)go ahead and buy a Monster Clutch with a new slave, pull tranny, install, bleed system REAL good, and go bang gears!!!

So, its like this, you CAN replace teh slave without replacing teh clutch, but say you do it that way, and problem is STILL there, you are looking at a bad clutch, and pulling tranny AGAIN toreplace clutch. So, THAT depends on your $$$$ bank account, and what you can afford to do, or not. Hope that helps some.
let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Launching!

if i do anything i would rather just replace the whole thing, so how much for like a monster or a spec with the new mc and all taht goes with it?
Old 06-28-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Regular

if i do anything i would rather just replace the whole thing, so how much for like a monster or a spec with the new mc and all taht goes with it?
im in the same boat.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:14 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Taken4granted
im in the same boat.

You guys both stock? If so, I would recommend the Monster Levels 1, 1.5, 2, or 2.5. You can check out prices below on my site. What comes with a Monster setup is the following:
New disc, Pressure Plate, Flywheel (during sale, you get your choice of Billet Steel SFI or Chromoly), Pilot bearing, and alignment tool with teh basic kit. If you opt to go Premium, a new slave cylinder is included as well. Also free shipping is part of the sale as well (and discounted prices) just check my site for details.
Levels 1 and 1.5 are good for 425 HP/TQ @ tires and Levels 2 and 2.5 are good for 525 HP/TQ @ tires

Quick Reply: Wierd clutch problem...