Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Really weird trans/clutch problem???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Really weird trans/clutch problem???

Ok, I'll start off by giving a quick run down of my setup. It's a built t56 from Six Speed Inc. with a Tick Performance Adj. M/C, 02 GM Slave, and a Mcleod RST twin disk clutch. Now to the problem, the car shifts awsome at WOT but when cruising around town at low rpms it tends to stick in second gear a little. I've bled the system, checked the adjustment on the Tick M/C, and I flush the fluid frequently using "Ranger's Method" and it still hangs up every once and a while. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DTB_LS1
Ok, I'll start off by giving a quick run down of my setup. It's a built t56 from Six Speed Inc. with a Tick Performance Adj. M/C, 02 GM Slave, and a Mcleod RST twin disk clutch. Now to the problem, the car shifts awsome at WOT but when cruising around town at low rpms it tends to stick in second gear a little. I've bled the system, checked the adjustment on the Tick M/C, and I flush the fluid frequently using "Ranger's Method" and it still hangs up every once and a while. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

When you say hanging up in second, or getting it into second?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

It's actually hanging in 2nd gear. I can shift into 2nd fine but when I shift from 2nd to 3rd it is hard to get it out of 2nd.