Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problems with Power Shifting

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems with Power Shifting

I have a question about something I heard.
I have a Center Force DFX clutch and I have problems power shifting at the track with it. I was told that my clutch has thicker pads and even when the pedal is fully pushed to the floor it never fully releases.
Is this way I would have a problem with the car not wanting to go quickly into gear at high rpm. Right now I have about a 1sec or more delay before before I can shift into 2 and 3rd gear.
Is there anything I can do to fix my problem?
I have a built D&D T56 and a pro 5.0 shifter so I am not to worried about breaking it.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Z/YA
I have a question about something I heard.
I have a Center Force DFX clutch and I have problems power shifting at the track with it. I was told that my clutch has thicker pads and even when the pedal is fully pushed to the floor it never fully releases.
Is this way I would have a problem with the car not wanting to go quickly into gear at high rpm. Right now I have about a 1sec or more delay before before I can shift into 2 and 3rd gear.
Is there anything I can do to fix my problem?
I have a built D&D T56 and a pro 5.0 shifter so I am not to worried about breaking it.

Well, very well known fact around here, that teh stock hydraulics are junk (namely the clutch MC), and would say that your problem is with that, and not teh clutch (even though it COULD be a clutch problem, at this point, since you have said nothing about your MC, would assume it is stock, and has some mileage on it)
The stock MC can not push enough fluid at higher RPM's (ie speed shifting), especially after repeated shifts (like by the time you hit 3rd or 4th gear).
At this point, you really have only 2 options:
Buy a new clutch MC and do the drill mod if money is tight right now
OR:
Buy an adjustable clutch MC, from teh likes of Tick or Ram (really way to go there if you can afford them)
Old 08-25-2009, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

You are correct, I am still running the stock MC, that was actually what i was thinking was that it was not pulling the clutch back far enough and making it hard to grab the next gear.
I also have a AL Fendiza Fly wheel. I forgot to mention that also

I have done the drill mod, it helped a little bit but I still have the problem.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Well I just bought a new MC from Tick so hopefully this takes care of my problem with the slow shifting.
Now if I could only get the car to hook up!
( I am ordering a 9" also then I won't be scared to luanch it)
Old 08-25-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

i cant wait for you to get the tick master in your car.I just put one in my car and i can power shift at 6500 sooooo easy!! i love it. have fun man