Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

quick question for the experts..

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question for the experts..

Quick question.. If an Ls1 engine has upgraded suspension mods, full intake and exhaust, and is having a procharger put on.. will the stock transmission be ok without change? If not, whats recommended? A friend asked me this and i wasnt sure if it would be ok but you shouldn't or if it just wouldn't survive at all... any information would be helpful! Thanks
Old 08-31-2009, 11:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not an expert so I dont know if I can reply...but the trans itself should be ok depending onhow much you abuse it. The stock clutch will be a different story if thats what you have in there.

Also, what kind of suspension mods does the ls1 engine have?

I had to..
Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 PM

Well im pretty sure it has lowering arms, a few cross bars, generally a tigher suspension for quicker acceleration. Its not my car so im so really sure to be honest, i was just asked this question and didnt know myself (sorry about the lack if information!).. What would you recommend for the clutch?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got off the dyno with a friends car. It's making 750hp/710tq through a SPEC twin and stock tranny. We built this car 3 years ago and now has 95k miles on it.

So- yes the stock tranny works pretty good.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:40 PM

Thanks bro, ill be sure to pass the information along.. Just for fun, any one got any recommendations to pass down for the Clutch and what should be done if need be? This information is highly appreciated fellas... Knowledge is power!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MstrespctDAmuscle03
Thanks bro, ill be sure to pass the information along.. Just for fun, any one got any recommendations to pass down for the Clutch and what should be done if need be? This information is highly appreciated fellas... Knowledge is power!

All depends on the head unit (blower) and how much boost, but we carry Monster Clutches, and they range from stock clutches (Level 1) up to 900 RWHP (Level 6), and everything in between.

Sounds like you will be in the 500-700 range, and probaly need to look at our Level 2 (good for 525HP @ tires) or Level 3 (700HP @ tires).

Pricing and info is below in my sig...

Also, about the tranny, it ALL depends on how it is driven as well. You go out speed shifting, you ARE gonna break something, and the normal weak links are:
Stock shift pads
Stock keys
Stock 3/4 shift fork
Old 09-01-2009, 03:35 PM

Thanks a lot man, thats a big help! I will definitly pass on the information and im sure it will be a big influence. Thanks for the information guys!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MstrespctDAmuscle03
Thanks a lot man, thats a big help! I will definitly pass on the information and im sure it will be a big influence. Thanks for the information guys!

Welcome, any more questions let us know. Also, you can find most of what you may want on my site in teh link below....