Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Whats it worth - T56 rebuilder / parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats it worth - T56 rebuilder / parts?

Note that this is not a classified ad. Just looking for some feedback so I can decide what direction to take with my project.

I have two T-56 F-Body transmissions that need to be rebuilt. I was going to rebuild one and use it in my Chevelle project. Problem is I do not care for the F-Body shifter location. So I am now considering all of my options including selling these and buying a Magnum (or something else). To help decide I need to understand what my stuff might be worth. Here is what I have:

LS1 T-56 (1999 or 2000 model)
I bought in 2000 so it may have one year of use and less than 10,000 miles. Problem is it is missing a few parts (was at a shop being fixed and the shop went out of business or something). I believe the original owner swapped to automatic which is why I was able to buy it. Basically everything is there except it is missing all of the shift forks (rail is still there) and a few other small parts. This trans could be sold as is or for parts.

LT1 T-56 (1995 I think)
This trans was functional, but had a problem popping out of 5th gear (if I remember correctly). It had been rebuilt once by a GM dealership (under extended warranty), but clearly needs to be gone through again. I have never disassembled this one.

Thoughts on what either of these might be worth? I am in the Chicago area if that makes a difference.

Thanks!