Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

MASTER CLY OR SLAVE CLY Which one????

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MASTER CLY OR SLAVE CLY Which one????

I have read many threads and the sticky on replacing these on a 4th Gen Fbody, I am conflicted with one thing, the sticky says to replace the master cly first before you replace the slave cly. then other threads say if your pedal sticks to the floor you need to replace the Slave cly. Is there a test to do before you pull the tranny???
Old 09-15-2009, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by formula87
I have read many threads and the sticky on replacing these on a 4th Gen Fbody, I am conflicted with one thing, the sticky says to replace the master cly first before you replace the slave cly. then other threads say if your pedal sticks to the floor you need to replace the Slave cly. Is there a test to do before you pull the tranny???

Not really...if any miles on both...repalce MC first (easiest to do, and that is why most will replace that one first) if it fixes problem...great. If not, move to slave, and that's about it...
Old 09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

got it. I am done with this couldn't even make it out of he driveway this morn oh well I've limped it along enough. clutch still holds great it would be a shame to pull the tranny if I don't need to replace the clutch or slave cyl.
thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Also I have heard this if your pedal is sticking and you have to manualy pull it up this happens under normal driving really just moving around in the driveway. I flushed it using a automatic system at work. fresh clear fluid felt better now after a few hundred miles it is dirty again and sticking to floor.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go with the master, mine was sticking for a good 6 months during multiple high rpm shifts. Went with the tick master, solved it all, but revealed the clutch was already on its way out.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

just got the new master in and it works great!! was all ready to pull the tranny and replace the slave and the clutch ect... while I was in there. but glad it was just the master (for now) I did'nt have the budget for all that.

Quick Reply: MASTER CLY OR SLAVE CLY Which one????