Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Required tuning for m6 swap..

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Required tuning for m6 swap..

I'm in the process of swapping in a t56 in my '00 t/a, just need a few small parts and I'll be done. Just curious what most people are paying for a re tune for the m6 on the computer after the swap?? ECS is right up the street from me but I'd like to have an idea of what to expect/what has to be done before going in for a tune...

I have headers, full exhaust, and a lid and it already has a tune for those, but to my understanding the fuel tables and whatnot wouldn't have to be changed? I also read somewhere that if hooked up, the rev. lockout will work correctly following a tune for the m6 program... Anyone have any experience with this?

Riding around with a whack speedo for a little bit isn't too big of a deal, but if the computer still tries to pull timing thinking an automatic is still there trying to shift I imagine it could cause some detonation among other things.

Thanks for any help!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

There would be substantial differences in the tune besides just turning on or off a few things. Auto's run under higher load, which means lower timing tables, so there would be more to gain by having a complete tune performed. Feel free to call the shop if you would like to discuss this further.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

I should get this done as well then. I have been on an auto tune with my T56 swap for a year now!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just did the swap. all of the dealerships refuse to do it around me. i have to send it to tuned by frost which is a mail order tune.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Reverse lockout will only work with an M6 tune. When I did mine, I had PCMForLess do the PCM.

Quick Reply: Required tuning for m6 swap..