Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Im ready to swap! But...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im ready to swap! But...

So I've been driving automatic cars all my life and recently had my first taste of stick shift. Loved it However, it wasnt enough to make me do anything as drastic as a total tranny swap in my already auto Camaro, until now.

Recently did a slew of upgrades among which was a RPM stage 4 trannie and a Yank 3200. Now, im not bashing on auto's or stall converters at all, I have just concluded I dont personally like it. I dont like the feel of slippage that I cant control with my left foot. Great for the strip! But not for my D/D...

Anyway, Im gonna be getting in touch with VASpeed soon to start working with them on some plans for a M6 that can handle up to 700bhp (FI) daily driven. In the meantime, however, this will leave me with a stage 4 RPM Tranny and a SS3200 with about 2k miles and 6 months on them.

Thats a lotta money for me to just say "oops, oh well". Anyone have any (realistic) advice on how to salvage as much of this as I can? Im going to talk to RPM and see if we can work out some kind of discounted trade since the tranny I have is relatively young and unabused, thats a long shot tho.

Thanks for any help guys!

Last edited by Jay-SS; 03-01-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could always sell the tranny and stall or offer it for trade to try and source your core and the rest of the swap components. That will save you some money, you will not get all of your money back but in the end it all depends on what you want. I am doing the swap right now and I had to take it in the shorts over a PY3400 that had 1300 miles on it and I let it go for half what I paid and I will probably end up giving away the stock 4l60e