Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Quick connect on slave trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Quick connect on slave trouble

I just replaced the transmission in my 99 c5.

Everything was going ok, untill Im trying to bleed the clutch and the Hydraulic quick connect pops off.

I can NOT for the life of me get this to reconnect. Its in a tight spot on a c5 and im not sure what to do.. I hope I can do something without pulling the torque tube again.

It appears the small prongs within the connector are bent slightly. I tried to bend them back but it didnt help. Not sure what to do at this point..

Is there anyway I can buy or rent a tool to cut the line and put a coupler on the Stainless braided line. Screw this "quick" connect.

I need some help
Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this exact same thing happen to me once, I just took a small screwdriver and pushed in on the little plate in the center of the hose, It released some fluid and my connector just went right on.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got it connected just for follow up incase anyone searches.

Inside the female end of the quick connect the little metal retainer ring inside, The prongs that come up to lock the connector 2 were bent over. I took a small screwdriver and straightened them, Cracked the Slave bleeder, Pushed the plunger in on the Male end to relieve pressure and It went right in.