Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Annoying squeal noise coming from tranny

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 12:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Annoying squeal noise coming from tranny

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...hread-but.html

Found that very similar post above. Basically I got the ls7 clutch setup last year, changed the slave for a used one off a member here (works fine no trouble), and pilot bearing with the clutch. Ever since then when my car warms up completely theres a squeal, clutch in or out it still does it, people ask me if my car is supercharged all the time lol. Runs and drives fine the noise just is on my nerves. Any ideas what this could be?
Old 04-04-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine also developed an annoying squeal, and it does reminds me of a kenny-bell cobra , but it does'nt have to be warmed-up, squeal is prominent during the first 3 gears and not as loud as I go higher in gears, but my exhaust is pretty quiet, so that does'nt help masking any noise or whatsoever. I was told that it could be the input shaft bearings.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well sometimes it does it when cold, but usually when warm and usually it does it in the first 3 gears also. lol
Old 07-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found this thread while searching for an answer for this exact same condition, and I am relieved some what to know I'm not the only one.... was there ever a fix found?

My car makes this "supercharger" noise when it warms up, and then I can let it sit and idle and after about ten minutes it goes away. My wife even thought I must have put a supercharger on it... I was thinking "if that was her reaction, I should HAVE installed a supercharger!!!" lol

Anyhow, I am frustrated, any help?