Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch help

i just recieved my monster level 3 premium today and i have a few questions.
first i have the trannsmission ready to remove and i cant figure out how to remove the line from the slave,is there a magic trick??
second after reading countless posts on here about master cylinders am i about to give myself a assache by using the stock master?this car was supposed to have had the drill mod done but the guy i bought it off im starting to think was full of crap after owning this for a couple of weeks now.i cant believe someone can charge $300.00 on a freakin clutch master cylinder that is adjustable.that like wiping before you poop,it just dont make sence.
third what transfluid is the best for these cars?
thanks in advance guys.scott
Old 04-16-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe you can use the stock master but while you got it apart, its takes a extra half hour to put a new one in. I went with the tick master, its a work of art, check out there website and see for yourself. The problem with the stock master is it just cant pump enough fluid to the slave. I went with a new slave and throwout bearing also, I got about 1000 miles on it so far and its like driving a new car. It basically solves all of the problems with these cars.

As far as fluid, I use mobile 1 synthetic. Its notchy until the fluid gets warmed up. After that, its great.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, to remove the line, look at the connection and you will see a little white plastic ring on the inside, tale two flat tip screwdrivers and push the clip in, that will release it. I too have a tick adj. master, it was one of the best parts I bought for my car. You have a performance clutch, Hopefully you can shift the car with the stock setup, I had too hard of a time with it at the track, my tick fixed it.
I also use mobile 1 synthetic.