Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

More Spec 3+ problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Spec 3+ problems

So about 4 months ago I had installed a spec 3+, new flywheel, new slave, new GM master. bled correctly, every piece in the system is brand new, and has had plenty of miles on the car to be broken in. Ever since then the car will not shift properly. Hits a massive dead spot in every gear. Clutch is not releasing fully. Hard to shift under normal drvigin conditions, can hardly get into gear under any sort of hard acceleration. Trans has been out 4-5 times now, lost count because it seems as if I am pulling it out every week which is ridiculous, everything is measured the right way. there is a 1mm gap between slave and pp. I haven't been able to really drive the car for the entire summer now and I'm sick of it. Friend is also having the exact same problem in his SS with the same clutch. I am done with this clutch now as far as I am concerned. Just wanted to post this to see if anyone had any last minute ideas on what to try before I send it back to Spec and get another brand.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:20 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Almost every Spec I've installed within the last 3 years required a good master cylinder to shift properly.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you called to discuss this with us? Have you put the car in first gear with the pedal depressed and reved the motor to see if the car will creep? Do you have the shim installed? You mentioned a "dead spot" and I want to insure that I understand what you are refering to, please explain. Thanks!