Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Replaced some parts still hear a noise???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 03:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced some parts still hear a noise???

I replaced both u joints and a transmission mount, and i still hear a clanking noise from underneath the car? I have a 2000 trans am A4. What else could it be. I also have a clicking noise from the engine...its louder on the right side than the left...and you can only hear it from the sides of the car, not so much from the engine bay. Any suggestions?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2000transamguy
I replaced both u joints and a transmission mount, and i still hear a clanking noise from underneath the car? I have a 2000 trans am A4. What else could it be. I also have a clicking noise from the engine...its louder on the right side than the left...and you can only hear it from the sides of the car, not so much from the engine bay. Any suggestions?
It could mean you have too much backlash on the ring and pinion gears.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

I think youre looking in the wrong section, but some more info on the car and about the "clanking" would help. Is it when you are taking off, slowing down, hard throttle, light throttle, going around turns? What kind of mods do you have? A "tcking" noise could be a lot of things. How many miles on the car? Id say most likely lifters or an exhaust leak, check all of your header/manifold bolts

Quick Reply: Replaced some parts still hear a noise???