Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 clutch failure please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T56 clutch failure please help!

Well I had problems with my clutch pedal sticking to the floor. I took it to my friends tranny shop and they looked it over. They said they couldn't tell if it was the master cylinder or the slave. So they started with the master cylinder and that hasn't fixed the problem. They showed me the brake fluid and it was black. So now they tell me the tranny has to come out to change the slave.. I have a synchro that needs replaced in 3rd gear so I'm gonna replace that while its out. Is there any other suggestions to what else I should do while I am doing this?
Old 10-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Teching In

new clutch...
Old 10-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Old 10-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Teching In

were you able to get the pedal back up? same problem happened to me before. was driving home frome work, went to shift, and pedal stuck to floor. as i was stuck in the middle of a busy street during rush hour, waiting for AAA i decided to look at the pedal itself. the pedal is connected to a "shock" that works your hydraulic clutch. the only thing that holds the pedal onto the shock is a small c-clip, known to some as a "jesus clip". if that fell off then the pedal can slip off the shock. you can slide the shock back onto the pedal and drive it a good distance as long as you don't beat on the pedal. could be as simple as replacing a clip.

Quick Reply: T56 clutch failure please help!