Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hawks Third Gen T-56 Swap Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawks Third Gen T-56 Swap Kit

Hey guys,

I have a 2002 Z28 and I'm in the process of planning out my 4L60E -> T-56 swap and have found a full kit on Hawks Third Gen Parts.

Here's a link.

Does anyone have any experience with this kit or buying from these guys? I've sent an email asking a couple questions but I'm waiting to hear back from them still.

Thanks,
Nic
Old 10-23-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you sent it today, they are usually closed on weekends.

id look around a little bit through the classifieds here. you can usually piece a kit together cheaper than that.

ive spent about $3k on mine, but keep in mind, thats new clutch, new hydraulics (including Tick MC), built trans, and a GREAT looking shift plate thanks to a member here. and everything youre looking at there is used, stock stuff, with no telling what shape that clutch is in.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah that's what I'm worried about. I've been trying to find local transmissions, but they're almost all off LT1s (I'm in Phoenix, AZ).
Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hawk's is right up the street from me, and theyve done work on my car and theyre a great group of guys, but if you are willing to ship a transmission from easley, SC to AZ, id open up your options a little bit.

$2200 + freight AND you still have to find a center console is a little steep for all used parts.

Quick Reply: Hawks Third Gen T-56 Swap Kit