Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Questions before i start swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions before i start swap

Is there already a plug on an auto car for neutral safety switch? Whats the best way to bleed clutch with a tick? Where is the best place to find pics of the wires i need to splice, and extend thanks guys
Old 11-12-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinAce
Is there already a plug on an auto car for neutral safety switch?
for the neutral safety switch, the best way is to remove the steering column and follow that cable up to the back of it. it just unscrews with two philips head screws, you may be able to access those with the column in, but its better to remove the column for the swap anyway. much better access to get teh pedals in and out and the M/C

Whats the best way to bleed clutch with a tick?
with a speedbleeder, no other way do it. even with a tick M/C the bleeder screw is still in that really hard to reach place in the tunnel

Where is the best place to find pics of the wires i need to splice, and extend thanks guys
best place is in the sticky. i dont remember the page numbers, but i just finished the swap and read through that thing front ot back twice. just read the sticky and youll be set. it even has exactly waht you need to type into ebay to find the plugs needed.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SmokinAce
Is there already a plug on an auto car for neutral safety switch?
now that i think about it, im not sure were thinking about the same thing. If you are talking about the big black switch on the back of the clutch pedal, then no, you have to extend two of the cables coming out of that shifter harness with six wires coming out of it.

if youre talking about the device that stops you from starting if you are in anything but PARK or NEUTRAL then read my above post.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok thanks, One is a white plug with a black button (cylinder shaped) and the other is a black box. The clutch hits the white one when out, and the black one when pressed im not sure which is which? So which one does the wires going up the steering shaft go to and where is the shifter harness located?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

the black switch is the neutral safety switch. thats the one that has to be depressed in order to start the car.

im not sure of any wires that were going up the steering column in a naturally auto car that would connect to one of the plugs on the pedals. the white switch you are talking about is for cruise. there are a couple of ways to wire it, and i didnt use that particular switch, there is a big section dedicated in the sticky.

the shifter harness is that skinny black plug with six wires on the side of the auto shifter
Old 11-13-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Cool thanks

Quick Reply: Questions before i start swap