Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP Sprung a Leak???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP Sprung a Leak???

So my 02 SS Camaro has been down for 2 years and I noticed that I have trannyfluid leak that is getting worse n worse I have not been driving it that much since I got it on the road and I noticed today that when I slowdown to a a stop there's a clunking noise that does not sound good whatsoever I'm not a tranny expert so any 411 would be greatly appreciated? I have a Moser 12bolt That has less then 3000 miles on it with mostly daily driving and no hardlaunches could this be part of the problem I'm at a loss?? Thanks for your time and patience for reading my post!! BB
Old 12-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Launching!

Help I know somebody is still up right now??? LoL BB
Old 12-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Launching!

Come on fellas 16 hits and no 411 come on guys it's not hard to type a opinion ??? LoL any info would be appreciated!!! Thanks BB
Old 12-13-2010, 03:49 AM
On The Tree

I would be guessing that the tranny is leaking from the seals. Is it leaking from the front or the back??? Where is the clunking noise coming from the tranny or the rear end??
Old 12-13-2010, 05:26 AM
Launching!

How's it going Rabiddog it looks like it's leaking from the rear? And the noises sound like they are coming from the middle and towards the rear? It's hard to hear becuz I have a loud slapping cam and Trues so it's hard for me to pinpoint it im thinking it could be a ujoint or a yolk that's messed up my moser is still pretty much new and not abused so i doubt it's my rearend atleast i hope it isn't??? So if it is a rear transmission seal is it a easy cheap fix? Thanks Rabiddog. BB
Old 12-13-2010, 05:28 AM
Launching!

Anybody else have any opinions on my topic? All 411 would be appreciated I just need sum answers! I'm low on cash so I'm hoping this is a easy fix ?? Thanks guys happy holidays! BB
Old 12-13-2010, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

The seal is pretty cheap but you have to pull the tranny and replace it. I would be worried about that noise which you will probably find the issue whenever you pull everything apart to change the seal. Make sure your tranny stays full if you are going to drive it with a leak.

Quick Reply: HELP Sprung a Leak???