Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56 issue- Occuring when doing a hard pull

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-56 issue- Occuring when doing a hard pull

I have tried searching for a bit and couldn't quite figure out what might be wrong.

Story:

Tonight I was racing an srt4, I was in 2nd at about 3-4k rpm, hit it and got to 6k rpm, pushed the clutch down and the shifter went up into I think 5th instead of 3rd, but the clutch pedal stayed down and the clutch didn't engage, and the shifter seemed to be stuck in 5th.

I pulled the shifter into neutral with a little force, while pulling the pedal up with my foot. I depressed the clutch and then put it into gear with no issues.

Drove home with no problems.

The car has a stock replacement clutch that grabs really well, and 105k on the clock.

The fluid appears perfectly clean I already checked that, and it is 44 outside and the car wasn't even at 190 yet.

So I was wondering what the t-56 gurus here might think?

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Sorry forget the info on my car, stock ls1 2000 trans am with a lid and catback.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:12 AM
11 Second Club

Happens to stock clutches all the time. (Happened with my SS) The fluid over heats and causes the pedal pressure to drop. A good clutch that won't slip ( you don't think it slips but it does) and cause heating issues is what you need. Also having LS1 hydraulics doesn't help. The LS6 hydraulics are a little bit better. But I'd go with a Tick Master Cylinder and a good clutch.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

The sticking pedal could be as simple as a bad slave cylinder. If your clutch has never been changed and youre at 105k miles, then youre definitely on borrowed time and need to do a new clutch and slave both. You can buy a new slave at Autozone (part no 13207) for 75 bucks, and I sell the Diamond Clutch kits. The Stage 1 ($369) is much stronger than stock, and the Stage 2 ($409) is good for 600hp. I also keep the slaves in stock. If you need any parts or need an install done, my shop is about 45 minutes from you. Check out the website(s) in my sig. I can make you a really good deal on a clutch and slave installed.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

please stay away from the autozone slave! I have had several fail!

Quick Reply: T-56 issue- Occuring when doing a hard pull