Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What am I doing wrong on bleeding the clutch fluid?? FRUSTRATED!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I doing wrong on bleeding the clutch fluid?? FRUSTRATED!

Ok I am sorry if this has been discussed before but I need to know what I am doing wrong here. I rented a hand vaccuum pump for bleeding the clutch fluid since I have a sticking pedal. I figure I have air in it because the dealer I bought it from said they replaced the clutch fluid. Anyways, I dont know what I am doing wrong but I cant get this thing to work....as easy as it looks.

Anyways, the pump has a pressure and a vaccuum option. I know that if you do the pressure option to bleed, you must have the bleeder screw open. Is it ok if I have it closed and vaccuum bleed it? Even when I stick the adapter into the clutch resovior and start pumping for vaccuum, hardly any fluid comes out the line. When I take the adapter out of the hole in the clutch resouviour it sucks all the fluid out of it. I have seen no bubbles or anything come up out of the fluid. Are you supposed to pump the pedal with the vaccuum pressure built up??

PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS SIMPLE TASK!!! Thank You very much.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes someone is supposed to be operating the man pedal while you've got vacuum on the system. Slowly I might add.

Be sure to add fluid to the reservoir as it depletes.