Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec clutches

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec clutches

OK so immediatly after spec finished checking my clutch out I was emailed. All parts checked out good and they were quick to come back to me. spec 01 j Auvil has been good. I still really disagree with their policy of making the customer pay the shipping to send it to them. I still dont understand why the clutch didnt work in my car. I just want to make a post that wether I agree with their policy or not they do offer good customer service. I cannot speak for the quality of the product because I still havent been able to use one. All in all it costed me $385 for the clutch kit and $45 in shipping for a clutch that didnt work. I am selling the clutch for $300 so I lost $130 in the deal!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by southernculture
I still really disagree with their policy of making the customer pay the shipping to send it to them.
Why should Spec or any other manufacturer cover the cost to return ship it? That is not reasonable unless it can be immediately proven they they are at fault such as shipping the wrong item.

It is fair to say that nearly all of the time it will end up being the fault of the end user for any issues encountered. Based on that alone, why should it be on the manufactures dime especially if they have zero control on how the product is installed?

Now if the clutch were determined to be defective by Spec, you can make the request to have them cover the shipping back to you and they would likely do it without a fuss.

After the baseless public **** hemorrhage you had and the what some will consider, possible defamation you posted toward Spec in numerous other threads, your fortunate they did anything for you. You can disagree all you want with their policies but you paid them the money (meaning you accept their terms) and its up to you, not them, to ensure you completely understand their policies when making the purchase. This usually means asking plenty of questions before the purchase.

Its not my intent here to kick you in the ***** with this post, I am really trying to offer advice. You really need to be more tactful and mature when resolving problems like this down the road because doing so, will result in the issue getting resolved to your satisfaction and resolved faster.

Just some good advice from one member to another. You can take it or leave it.

Last edited by wrd1972; 02-04-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Defamation is degrading a persons charachter in a public venue. I was not involved with that. I was talking about a company. I posted this post to try and clear up some negativity. I am not going to get into a debate with you. The clutch and all parts measured out, but that still doesnt fix the fact it didnt work on my car. I am selling the clutch.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Three things that I've learned that are most important when using Spec products. First & most importantly, is that you must measure & understand what the correct installation dimensions need to be. The same can be true w/ any clutch, but some manufacturers' clutches are closer to stock dimensions than others. Second, is to break it in properly to correct for miss-alignment between the trans, bell housing & engine. Finally, that a Spec 3+ clutch disk is so hard that it wears down the pressure plate &/or flywheel more so than it wears itself.

I've had great success w/ my 3+. Am into its' 3rd season. I do rev match & am very careful not to slip it. This, I'm sure, helps to extend its' life.