Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Header swap help change clutch cyl?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Header swap help change clutch cyl?

I plan on putting a set of BBK Longtubes on my car here soon, And about a year ago I had a new clutch and slave put in with a fluid flush and now one of my problems (spongy pedal sticking to floor) is comming back when I drive the car hard. I have a Tick master cyl laying around and figured that removing the headers and exhaust to do the longtubes that it will facilitate me more room to just change out the master cyl. Am I wrong in this planning or not?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes, it definitely helps free up some room. It's a hard job either way and can still be done with the headers in. However, like you I did the master while swapping headers out, and the extra room certainly came in handy, one less thing to wrestle with.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just swapped my mc, had long tubes already in. I don't recall the header getting in the way of maneuvering the mc down in there, but a little extra space to pull the lines sure wouldn't hurt. If you're itching to do the mc, I'd say do it now; my headers took forever to get in (I had the car up on jackstands though) and I sure as hell wouldn't have had the patience to do the mc at the same time.