Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How to bleed clutch fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How to bleed clutch fluid?

Well I just finished a full brake master/fluid job on my 02 and figured while I have a nice vaccum pump setup I can use it on my clutch fluid before I return it.

Sometimes I have to Double pump the clutch from a stop because I can't get it into gear the first time I figure maybe there's air in there.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:42 AM
TECH Regular

There may be an actual problem with the master cylinder itself, assuming your on the original.

If your wanting to bleed the system... have fun it's a bitch. I would suggest using a Mity Vac or something similar at the clutch reservoir. Conventional bleeding, your going to have to jack the car up and get yourself a "mechanics mirror". The bleeder screw is on the side of the transmission bellhousing, you actually can't see it without the mirror! You can either use the mirror as stated or use your touch. It will be on the driver side of the bellhousing, it's a gold bolt. I believe its an 11mm or something.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM
TECH Resident

Hmm ok so it's fairly high up on the bellhousing? I think maybe I'll have it done on a hoist at the shoppe. I'll take a peek with a mirror to see what I can see and decide.

Ya it's an 02 and as far as it looks it's an original master.

My brake fluid was severely contaminated the boot under the brake master cap was swollen beyond fit and i suppose it's highly possible that he put wrong fluid in the clutch reservoir too.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/14603920-post7.html

The bolt is at about 11 O'clock on the bellhousing. I was able to get away with not using a mirror though.

Quick Reply: How to bleed clutch fluid?