Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch issues...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clutch issues...

Tick Master Aug 09, GM performance slave Oct 09, Monster Stage 3.5 Oct 09

Sent the tick master back in Feb to be rebuilt. Car drove ok, but it took 8 turns to fully disengage instead of 6.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I had a hard time getting in gear. I found to shift properly I had to increase to 14 turns. Significantly more now.

I backed it off to 11 turns and found it felt the same so I drove it and noticed a "grind" noise a few days later. Finally got around to he level ground rev test. I found the clutch DRAGS badly. Just at 4k rpm it was moving.

I adjusted the master out 1 turn at a time. Got to 19 turns and ridiculousness as I couldn't get the car started on account the pedal was too far from the neutral switch. Needless to say, 19 is TOO much pedal movement and doesn't seem to make a difference from 13 turns, 11 has significant clutch drag vs no grind sound on 13 so the turns made somewhat of a difference. Beyond that, the car will definitely move if revved in gear with the pedel floored.

Checked fluid just a day ago. It was still full in the reservoir. I do a reservoir swap every few weeks too so fluid is "cycling" but not 100% fresh. With the amount I drive and how many times I push the clutch in on a given day (45 mins stop and go traffic morning and night), if there was a leak, I'd notice.

I'm going to do a test tonight to see if the master moves if disconnected from the slave. If it does, Tick is getting a call.

In the mean time, if your not loosing fluid, are there any scenarios where the slave or pressure plate would fail to fully disengage the clutch without loosing fluid?

Test of master complete, its not budging meaning its pushing the fluid its supposed to push.

That leaves me slave and pressure plate. Ughhhh...

Last edited by SladeX; 05-19-2011 at 08:59 PM.