Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

gto t56 Bad vibration once warm

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gto t56 Bad vibration once warm

Hey guys I just started getting a really bad vibration/grinding sound when at stops and moving forward in first and reverse. It only does it once the car is nice and warm. The clutch engages fine and still goes back fine but with the harsh vibration/light grinding sound.

The day after it did it I started it and got a bearing squeak from the trans so I am thinking it is possibly throw out bearing related?

My setup is a ls3 with a gto trans mated to it all clutch accessories are new with 1k on them. I have a wilwood clutch master, which I am starting to think that the cause is I had it over extending the throwout bearing, which caused the premature failure but I dont really know how it would cause a harsh vibration??? Any input would be great, thanks.

-Chance
Old 07-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update it is doing it after drives mainly while doing parking maneuvers/slow speeds and I am getting it to do it while shifting into 2nd and third while at low speeds like 5-10 mph.(car is 2700 lbs with a 4.10 so it moves pretty easy)

I guess I am just beating around the bush looks like I gotta pull the trans to see if I can find anything.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cmagno
update it is doing it after drives mainly while doing parking maneuvers/slow speeds and I am getting it to do it while shifting into 2nd and third while at low speeds like 5-10 mph.(car is 2700 lbs with a 4.10 so it moves pretty easy)

I guess I am just beating around the bush looks like I gotta pull the trans to see if I can find anything.
Give us a call at the shop so we can go over a few more details with you. 817-750-2000

Quick Reply: gto t56 Bad vibration once warm